College Application Guidance
Applying to college involves many important decisions—where should you apply? What should you write about? How should you present your accomplishments and unique personality throughout your college application? These are tough questions, and we’re here to help you answer them. We share valuable insights with our clients. You can find some of them in news sources like CNN, Forbes, U.S. News and World Report, and Reader’s Digest. Applying to college doesn’t need to be stressful. Let’s talk about how we can help your family.
Track All Deadlines
Letters of Recommendations
How We Work on Applications
H&C Education Application Services
– Strategize for obtaining stellar letters of recommendations from teachers and guidance counselors.
– Create an optimal college application strategy, including whether or no to take advantage of early admission rounds, and finding the best approach to draft a memorable narrative.
– Prepare for visits and interviews
– Craft a compelling and unique college essay, and respond to the school-specific supplements.
– Take on any post-application issues, such as the waitlist purgatory.
– Weigh your admission offers before making a decision about where to enroll for the fall.
The College Essay
In considering applicants, colleges use a holistic approach and look at all four years of high school—so it’s crucial to start the college preparation process as early as possible. We recommend initiating the application process in the early summer leading into the student’s senior year. This allows adequate time to complete the process.
Applying to college requires hours of research, strategizing, and writing. Most of the students we work with finalize their college lists and all application elements, including personal statements and school-specific supplements, well ahead of deadlines.
Families should also remember that applying during early admissions rounds can significantly increase students’ chances of admission. It’s best to start the application as early as possible to be ready for the early application deadlines in November.
Getting into colleges requires more than good grades and test scores. Our admissions experts will show your family how to maximize the odds of acceptance to your student’s best-fit colleges. From crafting a compelling personal statement, to listing and quantifying each activity on a resume, to choosing the right major, our admissions experts will guide you through this exciting but sometimes daunting process.
Most rising seniors need help scaling up their extracurricular activities or improving their standardized test scores. We can provide leadership coaching or tutoring services to ensure that your student is presented in the best light possible, and address any academic or extracurricular weaknesses.